New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three major methods to do this:

1. Complete the appliance type yourself

You may choose the visa you want using the Immigration website and full the application kind yourself with the knowledge offered by Immigration New Zealand.

Each visa type has an utility form and accompanying guide. We advocate you read the information earlier than attempting to complete the appliance form.

Don’t worry if you happen to get caught along the way; you possibly can contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You possibly can have interaction a licensed immigration adviser to assist you together with your visa application but they must have a current licence.

A person who offers New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Earlier than participating an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to ensure the person you are participating has a valid immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers could only be able to advise on limited areas).

The Authorities’s Immigration Advisers Authority offers data on who can give New Zealand immigration advice and explains learn how to complain in case you are unhappy. They also provide a helpful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you’ve gotten any issue finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you can contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is liable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion towards those giving immigration advice with no licence.

3. Have interaction somebody who’s exempt from the license necessities

You can even search immigration advice from people who are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption consists of:

education agents who are only permitted to give immigration advice on student visas

attorneys with a current New Zealand practising certificates

overseas diplomats and consular employees

employees of the New Zealand Government who present immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption contains:

lawyers with a present New Zealand practising certificate

members of Parliament and their workers who present immigration advice as a part of their jobs

authorities workers who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Group Law Centres or Citizens Advice Bureau.

The Legislation Society internetsite may help you discover a lawyer or legal agency or check that your existing lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.